Most of Alabama is under a winter weather advisory. Eddie thought that we'd wake up to a white yard, but it didn't happen. He and Anna had to go to work!Yesterday day, my dear husband called me from work to encourage me to go to the grocery store and "stock" up for the winter weather. When it comes to issues like that, Eddie and I see things differently. I don't get too concerned when the weathermen start talking about "winter" weather advisories. If I lived in Montana, it may be a issue of concern. In Alabama? No!
To humor Eddie, I ran down to the grocery store to get milk and eggs. Fortunately the eggs were on sale (if you want to call it that - $1.50 a dozen) but the store brand milk was $4.19!! Argh. I got a loaf of bread even though we don't eat much of it.
Yesterday afternoon I decided to run by the bread store and buy a loaf of whole wheat bread that I love. I noticed the parking lot was unusually full, which should have been a warning. I walked through the doors to be greeted by empty shelves! That doesn't happen often.
I have a feeling that a lot of bread will be thrown away after this "big" storm goes through, and I don't have my favorite wheat bread.
Rachel and I cleaned the church yesterday, which means we can stay home ALL day!!! I'll update my blog on the big "storm!"
Comments