Yesterday Was the Most Depressing Day of the Year!

I waited until today to tell you about yesterday because I knew it would probably ruin your day! If you didn't already know, yesterday was "Blue Monday!" It is considered to be the most depressing day of the year. Surprise! Some of you are disappointed that you missed it! (grin)
Dr. Cliff Arnall, one person, came up with this day as a result of his "scientific" study involving several factors. He developed a formula using three factors: gloomy weather, all the New Year's resolutions that were forgotten, and the debt people find themselves after Christmas Spending.
I blew Dr. Arnall's theory out of the water, yesterday. I was not depressed even though the weather was very cold, and I've still not written down my New Year's Resolutions. Yes, I do have debts but I do not let this world's circumstances dictate how I view life. I got up yesterday, got dressed and jumped into my day.
Do Christian's become depressed? Yes, I believe that we have times when we experience it, but I also believe that our God is able to deliver us from the paralyzing affects of depression, and we can live victorious lives with God's help!!!
Today is even gloomier than yesterday!!! It's cold and we have rain coming. I'm choosing right now to make this the best day ever!! "This is the day that the Lord has made!!! I WILL rejoice and be GLAD in it!!!"
PS Please pray for Rick and Sherry Burgess and family. (Rick of the Comedian due, Rick and Bubba) Their two-year-old son drowned Saturday and will be buried today.
Dr. Cliff Arnall, one person, came up with this day as a result of his "scientific" study involving several factors. He developed a formula using three factors: gloomy weather, all the New Year's resolutions that were forgotten, and the debt people find themselves after Christmas Spending.
I blew Dr. Arnall's theory out of the water, yesterday. I was not depressed even though the weather was very cold, and I've still not written down my New Year's Resolutions. Yes, I do have debts but I do not let this world's circumstances dictate how I view life. I got up yesterday, got dressed and jumped into my day.
Do Christian's become depressed? Yes, I believe that we have times when we experience it, but I also believe that our God is able to deliver us from the paralyzing affects of depression, and we can live victorious lives with God's help!!!
Today is even gloomier than yesterday!!! It's cold and we have rain coming. I'm choosing right now to make this the best day ever!! "This is the day that the Lord has made!!! I WILL rejoice and be GLAD in it!!!"
PS Please pray for Rick and Sherry Burgess and family. (Rick of the Comedian due, Rick and Bubba) Their two-year-old son drowned Saturday and will be buried today.
Comments