All in a Day's Work . . .
Right now, I'm a weekend-warrior who works on Wednesday nights too. Weekend Warrior is the name my girls give to church van drivers. (grin)Wednesday night I had a light load: two children from the same residence. When I went to deliver them back home after church, the 10-year-old boy discovered that one of his three, BIG, dogs had escaped from the pen. His sister refused to get out of the van because she was scared of the dog.
After several unsuccessful attempts by the small boy to drag the large dog into the pen, I knew that I had to step up and help. I first carried the little sister to the house and then turned to help catch a dog!
I didn't realize, until I grabbed the dog, that he was very heavy and even worse, smelly! I lifted and forced him into a pen against his will and smiled!
Now I can add "Dog Catcher" to my resume'. It was a good day!
PS My mother said that I should also add, the children's mom's live-in boyfriend was in the house the whole time this was happening. He was probably peeking out the window, laughing! (Grin) It was a funny sight!!!!
Comments