I Taught More than Music in a Piano Lesson Today . . .

My first student arrived for her lesson this afternoon looking very sad and dejected. I didn't know what was bothering her until her mother called, wanting to know if we'd found the Girl Scout order form in her piano books. We quickly looked through the books but came up empty.
Tears began to form on the rim of my student's eyes and I then knew the source of her pain. She told me that she and her mom had taken the form into the bank before coming to piano but could not find it after having left the bank. Her mother had gone back to the bank, only to find that the form was not there.
I tried to comfort my student and tell her that she could start a new list and try to go back and contact the people who had already signed up. She informed me the list was quite long and she didn't think it would work.
I then suggested that we pray about it. I told her that I often prayed for lost things, and God helped me to find them most of the time.
After the lesson, she gathered her books and walked out to the van where her mother was waiting. In less than 10 seconds, I saw her running, quickly to my front door with the lost form waving in her hand!!! I hugged her and told her, “God Does Answer Our Prayers!!!” I then had to sign up for a couple boxes of Girl scout cookies.
She may never remember what we discussed about phrasing in her lesson, but I trust she'll always remember the way God answered our prayer!
Comments