Happy Birthday, Carole!!

Carole was nine years old when I came onto the scene. I'm sure at first I was a cute little baby sister, but as the years went by, I'm sure I became the bothersome, pesty little sister.

Even though I'm sure I was a pain in the side for my big sister, she always loved and made me feel special.

I remember the day that Carole went away to college. When I say away, I mean 8 hours away. That was a hard day for the whole family because it meant she would not come back to live.

I remember the time she gave me my first pair of store-bought pants. They were pink and I loved those pants so much even though my mom said they were too tight.

I remember when she brought her soon-to-be husband home for the first time. I never thought anyone was good enough for my sister but tolerated this one! (grin) Then came the big wedding day! My sister was so beautiful in her wedding dress and loved her even more.

I remember when Carole and I rented a house together in Bethany, Oklahoma. Those were such fun days and we became more like friends than sisters during those days.

I remember the day she graduated from medical school along with her husband and I was so proud. She has always been the smart one of our family and now she's Dr. Carole!! Wow! I like to brag that my sister is a doctor!

I remember that she made a trip all the way from Louisiana to be with us when Mary Anna was born and I was in no shape to drive to Louisiana. That meant so much to me.

I could go on and on about my memories of my sister but that would take more time than I have. I do know that I've been blessed with the best sister in the world. I'm sure that I'm still a pain in her side sometimes but I do love her and wish that I could give her a big hug today as it is her special day.

Thank you Carole for being the best sister in the world. Thank you for your big heart and your generous spirit. Even though we are separated by a whole country, you are right in my heart.

Your "little" sister

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .