Day 2 - June 17, 2007 Father's Day in Newark, NJ

Dad got to spend his 55th Father's Day in Newark, N.J. Because we missed our flight to Paris on Saturday, we were scheduled to fly out of Newark Sunday night at 8:30. That meant we had to find something to do with our day.
The motel had a wonderful "free" breakfast and after those of us who were awake ate, we got ready to head back to the airport. (not to catch a plane but a shuttle to the local mall!)

The shuttle was free to the mall but you had to pay $3.00 per person to get back to the airport! We enjoyed the mall and found a wheelchair for dad. We all ended up eating there before heading back to the motel to collect our stuff.

I have not photos of what happened next. We got back to the airport around 5:30 p.m. to get checked in. I knew that I'd have another ordeal with security so I went first out of the group. I went through the whole story about the name problem and they were able to handle that. The clerk then told me I'd have to go on standby because my reservation had been canceled. The rest of my family had reservations. I didn't! I couldn't help but cry. I could see myself being Tom Hanks, living in a terminal until my family returned from France. My sister stepped up and told the clerk that if I didn't fly on the flight that none of the family would. That brought results and I was put back on the flight. Of course, I had to go through the usual security hassle but it was worth it to make it to the terminal.

It was so good to be on that airplane at 8:30 p.m. when we taxied out to the runway. I saw back, relaxed, and went to sleep. Thank you Lord and Carole for seeing me through a very stressful ordeal!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .

"But . . ."