God's Grace at Work . . .
Last night I watched CNN's Larry King interview Tammy Faye Messner, the ex-wife of the former televangelist Jim Bakker.Tammy has always been a larger-than-life figure, and I’ve often been turned off by her theatrics and poorly applied make-up! Last night the make-up was still bad, but the theatrics were gone and the real Tammy came through.
I sat and watched this shell-of a woman express her faith in God, her hope for Heaven, and her love for all mankind before a national audience and I was deeply moved.I thought of how God’s grace that extends to all, and it seems that she is really living it in her final days of life. She still doesn’t know how to apply make-up but I saw something within her come through the make-up and cancer-scarred face that spoke a genuine peace.
I pray for this woman and her family as they walk through the valley of the shadow of death. I pray for Larry King who has heard the gospel and seen the Lord’s love in action. I pray for those struggling with the dreaded disease of cancer, who is no respecter of person, and I pray that I will always see people the way God sees them and extend Grace to them as God has done for me!
UPDATE - Tammy Faye passed away on Friday, the day after the airing of her interview with Larry King. She was buried in a private ceremony on Saturday. Pray for her family.
Comments
I was touched by it too. I believe that she is being real and that she is at peace with God. Grace is truly amazing!
I heard today that she passed away Friday and was buried today.
I know that she's got a new, cancer-free body now.
I don't think she'll need make-up in heaven either! (grin)
Beth