Day 5 - June 20, 2007 Tour of Paris

It was Wednesday and we decided to take a double-decker bus tour around Paris. I would highly recommend touring the city in that manner. You get a bird's eye view when you ride on the upper level and there are headphones to wear that will tell you about each sight you pass.

I would suggest that you do research on Paris before taking the trip. Learn the names of the major attractions and some of the history behind them. It makes the trip much more enjoyable for you.

We decided to get off the bus at Notre Dame and that was a nice experience. It was full of people but I was able to get a few shots even though I could not use my flash.

The Rose stained-glass window is the only original one left in Notre Dame. All the windows were removed during World War II and then replaced. You can go up into the towers by stairs but we did not do that. Maybe on our next trip, I'll make it a point to climb the stairs of the tower.

We enjoyed walking along the streets looking at the "bling" for sale. When getting something to drink, diet coke is called Coke "light". They do have Coke Zero but no Dr. Pepper! (Much to my sister-in-law's dismay)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .

"But . . ."