Who Forgot to Tell Him???

Someone forgot to tell the devil that the Sabbath Day is a day to be kept holy!! It seems that he works his hardest on Sundays, or at least it's like that for me and my household. I can't even take a shower in private. He's working on my mind through the shampoo!

As I sat down at my desk, this morning, I picked up a copy of the book, "God's Promises for You" that I'd found at a recent visit to the thrift store. As I started reading scripture of help and encouragment, the evil one seemed to melt away like the wicked witch of the West when water was poured on her.

Here are some of the scriptures that touched me:

"You are a forgiving God, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love."
Nehemiah 9:17

"Because of God's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness!" Lamentations 3:22-23

"Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident." Psalm 27:3

"I waited patiently for the LORD: he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Psalm 40:1-2

I could go on and on. The more I read the better I feel. The problems of life don't seem so large, and I'm more determinded to be faithful and committed to the Lord and what He has called me to do!!! Whew!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! HE LOVES ME and HE LOVES YOU!!!

Now, I've got to dry my hair and get ready to go to the Lord's House!

I pray God's blessings upon all who read my blog. You are important to me!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .