People, People, People . . .

The other day, in one of my "thinking" moments I wondered how many people I had known or met in my life. There is no way of remembering them all even if I wanted to. I've probably forgotten more than I remember, but it would be interesting to know. I wish that I'd started writing down people's names and a little fact about them as I traveled through this life and could probably start doing that now.
I keep saying that I need to write a book about the people I've known but am afraid of lawsuits. (grin) Names could be changed, I assume, but some would be very obvious.
People never cease to amaze me. Just when I think I got them figured out, someone comes along and blows all of my notions out of the water. That should teach me something!
During my "thinking" moment, I also thought about all the people I know who have needs. Some need physical healing. My dad has leukemia. Bettye has ovarian cancer. Cleta has heart problems. Ken, Mike, and Ben have chronic pain. Sarah has a tumor on the brain. I could go on and on with physical needs of people I know.
I thought about those who have emotional needs. Some suffer from low self-esteem and have made some poor choices because they don't think they deserve God's best for their lives. Some have chemical imbalances which cause severe mood swings. Some suffer from life paralyzing depression.
I know many people with financial needs. Some just don’t know how to manage money and spend it foolishly, finding more month than money. Some have made poor choices early in their educational years and don't have the skills to get a good paying job. Some are just lazy and don't want to work. Some have just fallen on bad times.
More serious than any of the above needs, are the spiritual needs that many people I know have. Some think that they are okay because they try to be good and help people. Some have been hurt by organized religion and reject the One who loves them most. Some just seem to enjoy the life of a transgressor and don't seed a need to let God change their hearts.
As I sat thinking, I thought of the enormous burden I have to pray for all these needs. It hit me! I can't pray for all these needs every day!! I'll just continue to do as I've done in the past. I'll pray for the needs as they come to mind. It's amazing how God uses that practice.
One day last month, a girl who I knew as a teenager in Louisiana came to mind as I loaded the washing machine. I've not seen her in at least 25 years and was puzzled as to why she came to my mind. God then spoke and said, "Pray for Louann!" I thanked God for her and our friendship and asked Him to meet whatever need was in her life at that moment. I have no idea what her need was, but my Heavenly Father knows!
Oh well, I've rambled on. If you come to my mind, I'll pray for you too!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beth, this was a wonderful article. I would want to be the first in line to buy your book. I hope that someday you WILL write it. Thanks for reminding us that we need to think about the people God has allowed to come into our lives.

God Bless You
Marcel
Beth From Bynum said…
Thanks, Marcel, for your comments! You are so kind! Hope that you remain safe during this rough weather.
Beth

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .