Life at the Shurbutts . . .

Wow, I've gotten very lazy about writing on my blog and need to change! I do have a good excuse, believe it or not. In fact, if you really care to know, I have many good excuses. The main excuse is that I 'm having to work on a dinosaur computer. My laptop, which crashed a couple months back but was fixed by my husband, is on its way out again. I'm afraid it's going for good this time. I'm in the market for a new one but am waiting on finances to pay for it! (I may be on this dinosaur for a long time!)

I'm not the only one with computer woes. Rachel picked her new laptop up by the screen last week and ruined it. We should have bought the accident insurance!!! (live and learn) Eddie has had to order a new screen and will attempt to install it himself. That's $160 plus dollars from the pocket. I hate to know what it would have cost to send it off to a repairman. Eddie is good at fixing things and loves a challenge.

Eddie did get a package in the mail yesterday which brought some excitement from the offspring. Eddie is one of these people who loves point programs. Coke has had a promotion called "Coke Points", and Eddie has been saving up his points. He finally got enough to order a telescope with them, and it arrived yesterday. Rachel didn't know what it was, and I made her wait until Dad got home to open it. They got it put together using (of all things) the instruction book.

Instruction books are the last resort for Larpenters!!! One of the reasons I married Eddie is because he could read and understand instruction books!!! I can read one but cannot understand them. My side of the family are nortorious for waiting until all else fails to grab the instruction book!!!

I now am the mother of an Indian girl. Anna spent more money than I would have (which isn't saying a whole lot) on a spray tan! It's something new to me. She came home much darker last night. The amazing thing is that it only lasts for 1 week. It was her money, and I let her try it. We'll see if she does it again. It is less dangerous (I guess) than baking in the sun.

Sonny (our cat pictured above) wants to go outdoors so bad that he's miserable and making me miserable as well. He loves bugs, and they're outside. Every now and then, one will find a way into the house, only to meet with the teeth of Sonny. He found a beetle last night and had a good time crunching down on it with his teeth, making a very disgusting sound.

My dad is not doing well, and that has been very hard on me. He's in Louisiana, and I'm in Alabama. With all my duties and obligations, it's too hard to jump and run, which is what I want to do. The cancer medication isn't doing what it's supposed to do, and he's dealing with major allegery problems which have worn him out. I call several times a day, but it's not the same as putting my arms around him and giving him a hug. It seems so many people have cancer of one form or another these days. My dad has never drank or smoked and has been very healthly all of his life. Why did he come down with leukemia?!?! It's one of those questions that doesn't have an acceptable answer for me. On the other hand, I've been blessed to have him for 46 plus years, and if the Lord tarries, he'll be 78 years old in August. His grandpa lived to be 102, and I'd like to see dad at least match, if not exceed that number.

I'm caught up with my ironing which is a good thing!!! I've got a wonderful husband and two beautiful girls. God is so good!!!

So Beth . . . pick up your chin and say, "The sun will come out tomorrow . . ." (grin) I just was inspired to sing the theme "Tomorrow" from the Broadway production "Annie." Relax! I won't hurt your ears!!

Oh well . . . life goes on . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .