It's Happening Again . . .

When I was a child, we went on our family vacation to South Louisiana to visit Grandma and Grandpa Larpenter. With four kids, mom had her hands full washing, cleaning, and packing. (You women know how it is when your preparing for a trip! I need say no more!)

As we were traveling down the road, at least half way to our designation and too far to go back home, it was discovered that the luggage did not make it to the trunk of the car. Dad had assumed Mom had packed it, and she had assumed he'd done it. Neither one had, and we, a family of 6, arrived with no clothes, shoes, or underwear. Fortunately, dad has a big family and there were cousins the same age and size as us, so we got to wear loaned clothes for that week!

That "Luggage" incident scarred me for life, though. Weeks before any trip I'm planning, I start having the same reoccuring dream. It always involves my getting to my designation and having forgotten something.

Well, my dream happened again last night. I dreamed we were in France, and I remembered that the passports were still in Alabama! Now for you travelers, you realize that getting to France, legally, without a passport is IMPOSSIBLE, but in my dream it had happened.

I got up this morning, located the passports, and set them out. I will be prepared for the next trip!!
Are you packed and ready to go?

Comments

Kimberly said…
I got excited when I started reading this as I thought ya'll might be headed out for a visit...oh well...France is good too!:) The pics are beautiful and i really like the "People" post. So sorry about your dear Dad's struggles.

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .