Grocery Stores are Fun . . .
I've always said that Wal-mart brings out the worst in humanity, especially children. I'm adding grocery stores to that statement.Today I ran to the little grocery store in downtown Bynum to pick up a few items for supper. (This is a very small store!)
I was pushing me cart through the aisles when I the heard laughter of a child as he ran from his mother. In a few minutes, he was being drug by the arm, past me, to a waiting cart.
This 4-year-old was not a happy camper and did not want to be imprisoned by a shopping cart. He let the whole store know that he wasn't happy.
As I neared the captured toddler and his family, I overheard his older sibling ask the mother, "Mom do you have any 'sense'?" I knew what he meant when he added, "I need 50 cents for the candy machine." I couldn't help but chuckle at what I'd taken his question to mean.
I could sympathize with the stressed-out mother. There are still days when I think I've lost my "sense" and I don't own a toddler!!!
Comments