Where is the Little Girl I Carried?

It was about this time, about 8 years ago, that I took Anna to take her first SAT test. She was in the third grade and got sick just before we arrived. She was sick from nerves and I knew that if she just got into the testing room and started the test, she'd be fine. She was and has enjoyed standardized testing since.

Today my Anna went to the local community college to take her ACT for the first time. She went with a friend, yesterday, to see where the test would be given so that she would not have to find the room this morning. She told me that when she walked into the room, she got the same nervous stomach she'd gotten in the 3rd grade when facing the SAT's.

This morning she got up at 6 a.m. in order to get ready and be at the testing facility in plenty of time. She told me that the score would determine whether or not she'd have to work at Chick-Fil-A for the rest of her life! (ha!)

I've been on pins and needles, hoping she didn't get sick. The difference in this time and the third grade was she drove herself this morning and didn't need me! (boo hoo!)

It's so hard letting my girls grow up and test their wings. I know it's important that they learn to be self supportive and independent but the mom in me wants to help!

Unless she makes a perfect score today, she'll probably be taking the test again in hopes of getting a higher score.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .

"But . . ."