Out of My Control . . .

The older I get, the more I realize I can't control everything or everyone! (grin) Maybe some of you have already been enlightened to that fact. I'm just a slow learner.

The photo above is one of the things that I can't control: Leukemia. My dad has it, and the treatment doctors have been trying doesn't seem to be working like it should. It breaks my heart to see my dad weakened in body and having to get blood transfusions every other week. I can't control leukemia.

I can't control how people treat each other. It saddens my heart when I see "Christians" attacking others and wonder if they realize that Christ clearly stated that we must love Him with all our hearts and our neighbors as ourselves. I can't control people.

Innocent, unborn babies are butchered every hour, and I can't control that. Children are abused, neglected, and sometime killed, and that is completely out of my control.

The elderly of our society are sometimes mistreated and neglected because of their lack of "productivity" according to the standards of this world. Yes, that's something else I can't control.

I was talking about Dad's condition to my Mother, and she expressed how helpless she felt in the situation and didn't know what to do. It hit me at that moment like a load of bricks. Give it to Jesus!!! He can control the storms and waves. He can also control the situations in our lives that leave us feeling paralyzed. We so often wait until there is nothing else we can do and realize it. I believe that at the moment we realize it and take our hands off the control handles, God can do what He knows is best for us and the Kingdom.

No, I can't control many things, but I know someone who I can let control my life and burdens. That should make us all want to yell, "PRAISE THE LORD!! HIS LOVE ENDURES FOREVER!!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .