The Reason for Giving . . .
I was unable to drive the church van last night, much to my husband's dismay! He's my backup driver, but isn't very excited about driving. There are some children on the ran who are a little out of control at times, and last night was not exception.Two of the children had birthdays last week, and I sent their birthday cards with $5.00 in each by Eddie to give to them. When he got home he said, "After how they acted I wouldn't have given them the cards. They sure didn't deserve them!" I understand how he felt and have shared the same sentiments at times.
The Lord immediately spoke to my heart and I relayed it to Eddie. He told me, "I gave my Son for you, and you didn't deserve it!" God gave because He loves us even when we don't act the way we should and break His heart. I'm also expected to love in the same way. Giving is just a by-product of loving. Another great thing that I've learned is that giving always come back to you and those around you!!!
The photo above is a wonderful example of sacrificial giving. If you've not read the book "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein, you must!!
Comments
Also, congrats.to Anna!