Can or Will You Hear Me Now?

We live in a communication age that boggles my mind with its technology and limitless possibilities, and yet there still exists the problem of hearing. The older I get the more I realize many people do not want to hear what I have to say.
I see the problem with this blog. I have a few faithful readers that feel "obligated" to read my musings, and I would venture to guess that less than 1 percent of them are family members.
Last week I burned my thumb really bad, and as I was trying to tell another person about it, she kept talking about something else, ignoring what I was trying to say. I finally just closed my mouth and listened to her talk about herself, all the while wanting to scream!!
I find it interesting that once a person has died, people are eager to read what they write or see what they had to say. Death seems to bring more importance to people's words, and that is such a tragedy.
With the tragedies of school shootings, we hear of the perpetrator having written pleas for help on his blogspot, facebook, or myspace page. Why didn't people take time to listen before the tragedies? Did he not have anyone who cared enough to take the time to listen to the pleas for help?
No, you don't have to worry about me going off the deep end. I've gotten peace over the fact that not many people want to listen me or care about what I have to say. I'm also learning to be quite and listen. It gives me a since of empowerment and also frees my ears to listen to the cries of those who are hurting.
If no one ever listens to me again, it will be okay. I have a friend who is always there with His ear tuned in to the cries of my heart. I know He listens, cares, and loves. That is enough!
Comments
You are very much worth listening to. I want to hear what you have to say. Your blogs have brought so much joy, comfort and insight to me, I hope you will always find time to post them. Through your writings I have come to know you as a loving Christian, Wife and Mother (and much more). It is very obvious to me that you have a close personal relationship with our Lord and Saver Jesus Christ, that alone is enough for me to want to read your written thoughts. Your blogs and writings may be a ministry of yours that you don't even realize you are doing. I pray that The Holy Spirit will continue to flood your heart and mind with the messages that you post.
I have been and continue to be a devoted fan of yours.
Marcel
Beth
Your thoughts here are so good! It is so easy to not "hear" one another...and like you, I want my ears to be free to hear the hurting.
Also, that pic looks awesome with the brownie recipe!:)