The Last Day of 2007 . . .

Well, it happened again. Another year has slipped by me, and I'm not sure where it went!! It seemed that it accelerated its speed this year in comparison to the last time it happened. I wish it wouldn't do that but hear that it's happened to others.

I am completely helpless in getting back any of the last 364 days, but I do have day 365. It's started out the usual way: put out the trash, fed the cats, made a pot of coffee, checked for any important email, and kissed my husband. I'll read my Bible, fix some breakfast, grab a shower, and decided what I need to do to prepare for a teen lock-in at church tonight. (I'm too old for the later, but it's fallen into my lap!)

One thing I want to do today is think back over the last 364 days and write down the blessings of the year. There are many, and it may take some time to recall them all. I'll also write down some of my failures, and use them as motivation to do better in the coming 365 days. I WILL make some resolutions and chances are will break a few along the way. It is better to try and fail than to never try at all.

I plan to love more, give more, and complain less during the coming year. I plan to savor each moment with my loved ones and friends, knowing that this may be the last year I have with them. I'm not sure about that, but am reminded daily that life is very fragile.

I plan not to let the little things of life make me stumble. I will assume the best about people and ignore their faults. I can't change them, but God can! I'll let Him take charge of that.

I love new beginnings and the New Year is a great one. I trust and pray that your New Year will be filled with the blessings of God, and when you get to this day, next year, you can look back and see that 2008 was a good year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .