There Should Be a Law . . .

I'm still in a state of shock over the phone call I received today. My husband, girls, and I had just finished cleaning the church and had stopped at the local Dollar Tree when my cell phone started pealing its bell.

I dug into the depths of my cluttered purse, thinking, "This better be important!" The caller happened to be my oldest brother, a man of the cloth ("minister" to you uneducated folk). My first reaction was one of warmth and love; my brother was calling because I was on his mind.

Quickly, the loving, warm thoughts dissipated when he said, "We're leaving the state, heading HOME (Mom and Dad's). Aunt Jean is bringing crawfish and Uncle Jimmy caught some fish. There is going to be some good eating and we're going!" How dare they have a Crawfish Boil without ME there!!! It's just not right!!!

Crawfish boils are a Louisiana "thing." You've really not lived until you've "hunkered" down over a table piled high with delicious, hot, boiled Crawfish. The feeling of juice running out of the corner of your mouth and taste of the delectable "Mud Bugs" between your teeth is something that cannot be described but must be experienced.

Oh well, all I can do is dream tonight! I love you, Randy, but you and I both know that Mom has always liked you the most!

Beth (feeling sad in Alabama!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I understand, just imagine a huge ocean between loved ones! It's hard! I hope you get some of it soon though, it sure makes me hungry.
Beth From Bynum said…
I guess I shouldn't feel sorry for myself! You do understand!

It's hard not being able to see family very often. I'm blessed because I still have my parents and can talk with them on the phone even though I don't get to see them very much.

I know that you enjoyed having Lowell and Kaylene visit this past year. I'm sure you all made some wonderful memories.

I guess it's now about making memories with my own family. If I could find some crawfish locally, I'd go get some and we'd do our own boil!

Thanks for your kind words!
Beth
laypalady said…
Personally, I think it's just shameful! Bragging like that! No dad of mine would do such a thing! Hmph!

Will you please send me a copy of that picture of Dorothy?

Love, Laura

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .