A Little Church Humor . . .

This was sent to me by my good friend Sharon B. Thanks Sharon for being my friend!!!

CHURCH FEUD

There was a feud between the pastor and the choir director of a`church.
It seems the first hint of trouble came when the pastor preached on
"Dedicating Yourselves to Service," and the choir director chose to
sing: "I Shall Not Be Moved."

Trying to believe it was a coincidence, the pastor put the incident
behind him. The next Sunday he preached on "Giving." Afterwards,
the choir squirmed as the director led them in the hymn ...
"Jesus Paid It All." By this time, the pastor was losing his temper.

Sunday morning attendance swelled as the tension between the
two built. A large crowd showed up the next week to hear his
sermon on "The Sin of Gossiping." Would you believe the choir director selected the song , , ,
"I Love To Tell The Story?"

There was no turning back. The following Sunday the pastor told the
congregation that unless something changed, he was considering
resignation. The entire church gasped when the choir director led
them in "Why Not Tonight"?

Truthfully, no one was surprised when the pastor resigned a week
later, explaining that Jesus had led him there and Jesus was leading him
away. The Choir Director could not resist and led the congregational singing
of "What A Friend We Have In Jesus."


Comments

ROFL! That is wonderful! I found you via NazNet.

I loved your comment on hoping the IRS won't be charging you for the $139K you earn being a stay at home mom. Personally, I think the number is a little on the low side.
Beth From Bynum said…
Thanks for leaving a comment, Shawna Renee!!! I sometime wonder if anyone reads my blog, and now I know that you've read it!!

Yes, I agree with you. I think $139K is much lower than it should be. I educate my girls, am a full-time cook, maid, chauffeur, nurse when my family is sick, on call 24-7, counselor, advisor, psychiatrist, hair designer, etc . . . Oh well, it's all worth it when I see my girls turn into wonderful young women who love the Lord!

Come back and visit my blog anytime!!!
Beth
Anonymous said…
Love this post!

The photo looks like a small Episcopal church except for the fact that it does not have a red door. Episcopal churches usually do.

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .