Gift of Music and Children . . .
Today, my girls and I went to the Birmingham Symphony Orchestra for their last educational program of the year. It was wonderful in that we got to hear the composer/narrator, Greg Smith narrate his composition, "Orchestra Games."
If you ever get a chance to hear this composition along with the narration, do so! It is a wonderful tool for introducing musical elements in addition to teaching the instruments of the orchestra.
Sitting in the auditorium, I thought of how blessed I was to be able to share in my girl's education and have the opportunity to expose them to such wonderful educational experiences. I'm not sure if they always feel the same, but one day they will appreciate me.
We can't comprehend the love of a parent for their child until we, ourselves, become parents. Thank you, mom and dad, for loving me! I'm passing it along to my girls!!
Comments