NO More Pets??? Hummm....
If you have been following my blog, you will know that we lost our 17-year-old cat several weeks ago. She got sick and had to be put to sleep. We had decided that we'd wait until the end of summer to get another kitten because of our busy summer.Well . . . yesterday my family took me out to eat at Sonny's Barbeque in Oxford, Alabama. I had run the church van and was driving it while Eddie and Anna were in our family van. After we'd eaten and were heading to our vans, Rachel and I noticed a man and his wife looking under their SUV. I asked them if there were a problem and that's when I heard a distinct sound of a kitten. (Eddie and Anna had already left the parking lot.)
Rachel got under the vehicle and tried to reach the kitten but it was way beyond the reach of her arm. The man asked me to find a stick that he could use to encourage the kitten to move. I went back into the restaurant and one of the employees brought out a broom. By that time the kitten had decided to relocate to the adjacent car. After several minutes of trying to catch the kitten, the Sonny's employee came up with it.
The poor little kitten was terrified. The employee handed the scared kitten to the woman in the SUV and she was able to calm it somewhat. I asked her is she wanted to keep it. She hesitated, looking at her husband but came to the decision that they couldn't keep it because of their dogs. I looked at Rachel and asked her if she wanted to keep it, and you can guess what her answer was!
I called Eddie to warn him, and Anna was waiting for us when we got home. We decided that the best name for the little fellow would be "Sonny!"
We took Sonny to the vet this morning and he got a clean bill of health. The vet said that he was between 8-9 weeks old, weighs 1.5 pounds, and has no worms, fleas, or ear mites. It almost sounds too good to be true. Now we have to line up a kitty-sitter for while we're gone!
Comments
That story reminds me of how Nacho found us! What is it about kittens and cars?
Eddie said that Sonny was a Weasel! He's weaseled his way into our hearts.
Beth
Many blessings with him,