Going Postal . . .


(I'll use the new phrase, "Going Postal" in the title and not include any graphics that may be offensive in the blog. I found a pretty good one and if you'd like to see it, email me and I'll show it to you! You have to be careful now days so you're not assumed to be politically incorrect. Now . . . on with the purpose of this blog!)
I have a special place in my heart for the U.S.Post Office and its employees. I say this because I grew up with a postman as my dad. My father retired from his civil service position with over 30 years of service and was proud of his job. He had to deal with some difficult people, but, overall, he enjoyed it and was well-liked by the public.
This morning, around 8:30, I stopped at the local post office to buy some stamps. There was one clerk working and the line to be waited on was increasing. I'm a very patient person and didn't think anything about having to wait.
I knew trouble was brewing when I heard a long, loud sign from a middle-aged business man, three places behind me. He didn't stop with the sigh but proceeded to mumble under his breath, which lead to loud complaining. That wasn't enough for him; He worked up to yelling at the clerk.
The poor clerk was helpless in the situation, and I could tell he was very disturbed by the man's behavior. When my turn came, I noticed that the clerk's hands were shaking. I leaned up to him and said, "You're doing a great job!" He thanked me and I walked away, saddened by the behavior of a man toward the clerk who had no power to change the situation.
I had a strong impulse to break out in my stress-releasing song, "It's a Great Day to Serve the Lord! It's a Great Day to Serve the Lord . . . Walking in the Light of God!" I wonder what would have happened if I'd done that? I'll never know because I was too "chicken," but I did break out in voice when I got to the van.
Yes, I'm praying for the angry man and the postal clerk. God can make a difference in their lives! He sure has in mine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .