Happy Birthday, Rachel!
Fourteen years ago, today, I gave birth to my second and last child, Rachel Anne Shurbutt. She has brought so much joy into our family and is a special blessing from the Lord.The sad thing is that I don't know where the last fourteen years have gone. I blinked too quickly and Rachel is a beautiful young woman, not a little helpless baby. I'm afraid to blink again lest I be opening the front door to an adult with a family of her own. I'm not ready for this chapter to be closed.
Rachel is a lot like me in her personality, poor thing. Mom always said that I, being a musician, was sensitive. She was being nice in putting it that way, I know! (grin) Rachel is also very tender hearted and compassionate, traits that make her beautiful. She always takes up for the underdog and will not tolerate anyone making fun of or putting someone else down. She loves animals, especially her cat Sonny and dog, Alaska.
I know that God has a special plan and purpose for Rachel's life. I thank God for blessing the Shurbutt home with Rachel!! I Love You, Rachel!!!
PS Today was a special birthday in that it occurred on 08-08-08! I picked up Starbuck's coffee for her this morning and brought her breakfast in bed!! She loved it!
Comments