Mattresses . . . There is more than meets the eye!

Several years ago Eddie and I bought a new mattress and lived to regret it! The mattress looked great, and you could not beat the price. The problem was the valleys that appeared where our bodies rested, forming a mountain between us.

At the same time, Rachel was sleeping on the mattress I owned when Eddie and I got married. It was terrible and had begun to cause some back pains. The time had come to go mattress shopping.

Mattress shopping is almost as big a deal as car shopping. You spend at least 1/3 of your life on a mattress and depend on it to get a good night's rest. Mattress salesmen are akin to car salesmen, I learned quickly!

I also learned some important things about mattresses:

1. You usually get what you pay for!
2. The more coils there are in a mattress, the better the mattress.
3. The warranty usually isn't good unless you buy the foundation to go along with the mattress.
4. Never shop at a store that takes back mattresses. (They can re-sell them!)
5. Good mattresses have quilted sides.
6. A queen-sized mattress is 6 inches longer than a full-sized one.
7. It takes approximately a week to get accustomed to a new mattress.

We're all sleeping better now, with no mountains between us! Thank the Lord for something comfortable on which to sleep. We are blessed!
PS The owner of the mattress store threw in two baby Serta Sheep!! Yeah!!!

Comments

Kimberly said…
Yay for good mattresses! Mom and Dad have a "Select Comfort" which has been so helpful with her issues!

I've enjoyed catching upon your blog...esp. the beautiful pics of your wedding and w/baby Rachel! And so thankful for the good news about your Dad! I also love watching Phelps win but how much greater to imagine the applause of heaven! I haven't taken the time to watch the YouTube clips as yet. Love ya! Kimberly

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .