Shurbutt Updates . . .

Well, July has come and gone, and I didn't get much blogging done. With school starting, I'm not sure if I'll do much better in August but will make an attempt. Here is a brief update on our lives:

*Anna left July 26 for NESA (National Emergency Services Academy) in Indiana. She will be returning this Saturday for which I'm grateful. She passed her class last week and is not a certified First Responder.
*We finished another VBS in July. We had our VBS meetings on each Wednesday night and had a great time. Sunday closed it out with a bag: dinner on the ground and a water slide!!

*I had a reaction to antibiotics and had to go on prednisone. After reading all the side affects, I was scared to death! I took the last pill today so maybe Eddie will be able to rest in peace! It did warn of moodiness! (grin)

*Today Eddie and I celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. It has a great adventure and I know the next 19 will even be better.*I found out this morning that a dear saint passed away this morning. Rev. Jacklyn Welch Shockley went to be with Jesus today. Please pray for her adopted daughter Kathryn Martin who has taken care of her for many years. This will be a difficult time for her.*It's HOT in Alabama. Rachel and I went to the horse barn yesterday for orientation and nearly melted. I keep saying that winter is on the way, but am sounding less and less convinced.

*Mom and Dad are doing great. The doctor told dad that he didn't have to go back to M.D. Anderson in Houston, and that he didn't have to see him for a whole month!!! Praise the Lord!!

*My baby will turn 14 years old Friday. This is a special birthday because it occurs on 08-08-08! Who can say that's ever happened to them?!?!

* Oops! I forgot to mention that we helped put out a taxi cab fire in front of our house Sunday night!

I'll attempt to do better with my blog. I sure have missed it!


Beth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .

"But . . ."