Happy 57th Annivesrary, Mom and Dad!

Happy 57th Wedding Anniversary
Jerry and Mary Jane (Matthews) Larpenter!

Today is my Mom and Dad's 57th Wedding Anniversary, and I'm thanking God for another year to celebrate! I must say, and most people who know them will agree, that I have two of the most wonderful parents in the world.

They have taught me so many important things and mostly by example. God is always first. We learned that early in life and it meant that we had a stable home where peace and love were in abundance. We always felt loved and accepted by them, no matter if we failed or succeeded. We learned the importance of being committed to God and the church. We never heard Mom or Dad say anything bad about a preacher. Mom and Dad were faithful to their church, and we never questioned whether or not would be going to church. It was what we did. Church "hopping" was unheard of.

Not only do Mom and Dad love God, the church, and us, they love their neighbor. They are living examples of the scripture where Jesus told the men who were trying to trick him that we should, "Love God will all our heart, soul, strength, and mind, and love your neighbor as yourself!" They practice that one daily!

Mom and Dad don't always see eye to eye on every subject, but their love is so deep that it covers any difference of opinion that may be present. Mom fusses about Dad being spoiled, when all the while she has a twinkle in her eye because she knows she's the cause of it. Dad loves to pick at mom, but knows how to show affection. It still trills my heart to see Dad grab mom and plant a kiss on her. Wow! That's love!!

I pray that God will bless them with many more years together!

Comments

Kimberly said…
I love this pic!
I'm catching up on your blog...are you slowing down? It seems like several I know are. Maybe these things go in cycles. Stay encouraged!

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .