Poinsettia - Amazing

One of the joys of living in a small community is having people know you by name. In Bynum, Alabama, where we reside, a small drug store sits at one of the few intersections. It's a wonderful little treasure where your name is spoken in greeting as you walk through the door. Its shelves contain an array of miscellaneous items from Dollar Tree Trinkets to expensive over-the-counter medicines. My favorite treasure is the old church pew that allows customers to rest their feet while waiting on their prescriptions.
Friday I went to the drug store to pick up some medicine for my husband, and while there, I noticed two beautiful Poinsettia Plants. They'd been there since November of last year but this was the first time I'd noticed them. I commented on their beauty and asked what was the secret to their growth. (mine always die within a week)
You will not believe what they do to those plants! They ice them! Yes, you heard me correctly. Instead of watering them, they put ice on the soil when it gets dry. I guess I'll have to wait until December to test their method of plant cultivation, but I will!
Comments