I know some of you are thinking, "Resort! Vacation!" No that's not what this blog is about, but come to think of it, I'm way overdue one! Back to my subject before I lose my "train" of thought.

Today, I was basically told that I was the "last resort" to a situation. It hurt my feelings for a moment, but I reminded myself that I'm trying to look for the good in every situation and think the best. After a few minutes of thinking, I saw the good and got over the rejection.

Being the "last resort" hurts. I can remember in elementary school being the "last resort" when teams for "Red Rover" were chosen. That was painful for me and some who may not have been as popular or atheletic as others.

I've also thought of other scenarios that prove this point:
"Yes, we'll come to dinner if we don't get a better offer first!"
"Yes, I'll help you if I can't find something else better to do!"
"Yes, I'll go out on a date with you if a better offer does not come along!"
"Yes, you can help me if I can't figure it out myself!"

I then thought about how many times I had put God in the position of being my "last resort!" So many times I've waited until I was out of options and then called on my Heavenly Father who was waiting so patiently for me. I know that it must hurt Him. All along He has known the answers and had the resources to meet my needs and yet, I wait, trying to figure it out on my own.

Please, God, forgive me for not calling on you first. You are my best friend and know me better and love me more than anyone else in this world. Thank you for being my friend and Father!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great thoughts for the Lenten Season Beth. As we say out here, "Mahalo!"

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .