Patience Pays Off . . .

I had a pleasant experience today in which my being patient paid off!

I work very hard at trying to be patient in all situations. It has not always been easy, but God has given me much strength and endurance!

Today my patience paid off, literally. I was at our local Target store and went to the check-out lane to pay for my five to six items. The woman in front of me had more items which came to a larger bill. After the cashier (who I believe was a manager) gave her the total, he asked her if she'd like to apply for a Target credit card and save 10 percent on her bill. She thought it sounded like a good idea and they proceeded to make it happen.

After about 10 minutes and working out many bugs, the transaction was completed between the woman customer and the cashier. All the while, I was standing there, patiently waiting, not saying a word, or showing any signs of impatience.

When it came my turn, the manger thanked me for being so patient. He continued by saying that since I was so patient, he was going to give me a $3.00 discount on my purchase. I thanked him and left the store a happy customer. (The amazing thing was that I didn't have to sign up for a credit card. He didn't even ask me that!)

Did the manager have to give me the discount? I don't think so. I could have made a scene and left the store if I'd wanted to but I knew that behavior would have not reflected good on my testimony to the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is so patient with me . . . I must then be patient with my fellow man. It does pay; if not in this life, in the life to come!

I bet you're wondering what I did with that $3.00!?!?!

Comments

Anonymous said…
well? what did u do w/it?
Beth From Bynum said…
Well, since you asked . . .
I made a good purchase! I bought a large pretzel and two bottles of water!! YEAH!!! Good investment in the waist!! Today we diet.

Thanks for your comments. It gives me hope that at least one person is reading my blog. I can't seem to get most of my family to read it! Hum . . . I hope that is not a testimony to my character! (grin)

Beth
Anonymous said…
I know how you feel, on both accounts! I'm dieting too, and I get discouraged over lack of readers. We are faithful to each other's blog though! Keep it up Beth! I'm glad we are related!
Thank you for this post and gentle reminder. God is so great in remindeing me in many ways to be patient. I just wonder who may have been watching this situation and was deeply influenced in a positive way.
Beth From Bynum said…
Yes, you are so correct. We never know who may be watching and listening.

I've seen the people who do not have patience and lose control of their feelings. You don't soon forget that behavior.

Thanks for your comment!
Beth

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .