Day 3 of Thanksgiving

Day 3 - Today I focus my thanks on my church and church family.  Let me preface my words by saying in no way do I believe that the act of going to church saves you or will get you a ticket into heaven.  I am saying that it was in and through the church that I met Jesus, along with the guidance and prayers of my family.  It is through the church that I find love, support, acceptance, and encouragement.

I've been attending the Church of the Nazarene all of my life.  In it's doctrine I've found beliefs that are biblically sound and ones that I agree with.  I think that is very important.

When I say I'm thankful for the "Church" I am not only speaking of my denomination, but of all fellow Christians of various faiths.  The Church is the Bride of Christ, not merely a denomination.  I'm glad that when we stand before God, our judge, He will not ask what church we belonged to, but are we washed in the Blood of the Lamb and have we done our best to love and obey Him and love our neighbor as we have loved ourselves.  That's what will count.

It has been through the church that I've found the best friends in the world.  I've found people who love me and support me through their prayers and caring.  Being away from my family has not always been easy, but I've found that my church family has become sometimes closer than my blood family.

I'm thankful for the opportunities the church gives me to minister to others.  I get to minister to teens and adults weekly in my own congregation and get to participate in special offerings that help support others who minister around the world.  I get to be the hands of Jesus to others through my church.

I'm thankful that I've been able to keep in touch with my church family through facebook and other avenues.  From birth, through high school and college, I've made so many wonderful Christian friends.  The thought of many of them still brings a warm feeling to my heart and a smile to my face.

I'm thankful that the church is not an exclusive organization, but one that is open to all who believe on the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Have you joined yet?  I sure hope so!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .