Day 1 of Thanksgiving

My blogging seems to have gone by the wayside these days.  Between school, piano, church, CAP, and living, it seems that blogging is somewhere far down the list.  I really hate that too.  Maybe with my new goal to blog something each day up until Thanksgiving, I'll get into the habit of writing again.

From now until Thanksgiving, I'm going to try to write something each day that I'm thankful for.  Twenty-four days really isn't enough time to adequately cover everything that comes to my mind, but I'll try.

DAY 1 -  I'm thankful for my Heavenly Father and the new life He has given me through His son, Jesus Christ and His strength, through the person of the Holy Spirit, who gives me endurance and power to continue on this journey. 

I've learned that I cannot survive one day in this world without God and would not want to even try.  Each day He reveals Himself to me in new ways and shows me that His love for me cannot be measured.  All He requires of me is to love Him with all my being, love my neighbor as myself, and be obedient to His commands for my life.  I've learned that I cannot please everyone, but pleasing my Father is what counts.  He sees my heart; man doesn't.

My prayer is that each day I live, I draw closer to Him and become more like Him.  Thank You, Lord, for saving my soul!!  May I live each day as a offering of Thanksgiving to You and as an example of your transforming grace.  Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .