Wonderful Recipe for the Fall Season
1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin
1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 1/2 c. sugar
pumpkin pie spice to taste
pumpkin pie spice to taste
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chopped pecans
1 c. butter or margarine
(to cut a few calories - I use 1 1/2 sticks instead of 1 cup of butter and I use margarine)
(to cut a few calories - I use 1 1/2 sticks instead of 1 cup of butter and I use margarine)
Grease bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, spice, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well, pour into pan, and sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans. Drizzle melted butter over top, and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.
(My cousin Kayla from Florida sent me this recipe, and it is delicious, especially when it's warm and right out of the oven!!)

Comments