God Provides in Mysterious Ways!
I never cease to be amazed at how God provides and how people think! I was reminded of this yesterday when we were getting out of our car to go into Sam's Wholesale Store. Rachel had decided to wait in the store while Eddie and I ran in, and we stepped out of the car just in time to see a man drop a 50 lb bag of dog food which he had been trying to carry with one hand! Another man was getting into his car and also witnessed the spill.
We immediately asked the owner of the dog food if we could help him recoup some of the food, and he proceeded to tell us he was an Eagle Scout and knew how to handle the situation. The other observer offered to give him some bags to put it in, but he kept walking toward his vehicle. We all stood there waiting to see how the adult, Eagle Scout would handle the situation. He put what was left of the dog food into his car, got behind the steering wheel, and drove off!
After the shock wore off, I asked the owner of the bags if we could have them, and he graciously pulled out 2 plastic grocery bags from his trunk. (Remind me to put some in my truck, just in the event that we run into this man again!) The only thing I could find to scoop up the food with was a magazine, but it worked. I raked up as much as I could, and we ended up with almost 10 pounds of "expensive" dog food.
I've thought about that incident many times since yesterday. Why would the man not accept our offer to help him? Why didn't he try to recover some of the food he'd just purchased and dropped? I'm not sure if it was a pride issue, or he just didn't care. I do know that we benefited from his spillage and so has Alaska. She thinks we must have come into a fortune because she's never eaten this well before!
By the way, when we came out of the store to get into the car, the sparrows were having a feast on the crumbs we'd left them. Thanksgiving came a little early for all of us! Thank you Lord, for providing!!!

Comments