"Grace"

Recently, a dear saintly lady in my Sunday School classed bless me with this piece of artwork that she'd grown tired of. My first reaction was to turn it down but you know how we Larpenters tend to be. We never turn down something that is free. If we can't use it, there is someone out there who can. It may might take several years or more to find someone to bequeath it to, but we're certain we'll find them.

My nearly acquired painting is sitting on the floor at the bottom of the staircase to my piano studio. I walk by it many times a day, but never knew the history behind it until tonight. The original was not a painting but a photo taken by a man named Eric Endstrom in 1918 in Bovey, Minnesota.

The story behind the painting is wonderful, and you can read it by going to:

http://www.gracebyenstrom.com/index.html

I love learning something new!!! Today has been a success.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beth,

I have this picture (the color one) also. I fell in love with this picture the very first time I saw it. It was in someone's office at work and everytime I went in there I could not help but stare at it and always made a comment about it. Well, when the person reitred that owned the picture, he gave it to me! I was in tears. I could not believe that this wonderful picture was being given to me. I was speechless. I have it hanging in my dinning room and it still evokes the same emotion in me as it did the first time I saw it. It catpures the essence of so many of my loved ones that have gone Home, especialy my Dad. Who was a simple man that loved God. Thank you so much for sharing this story, I did not know what was behind this picture, so I've learned something new and exciting today also.
Marcel

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .

"But . . ."