This year is on the Downhill Slide!

It's hard to believe that it's already July. It seems that the year just got started and now summer is passing quickly. The part about "summer passing quickly" is okay with me. It is not my favorite time of the year. It's way too busy and extremely too hot!

Speaking of time passing quickly, mother reminded me that nine years ago yesterday, my Grandma Melvina Matthews was buried. It doesn't seem that long. I really miss her but know she's in heaven cheering me on in this race.

It was also nine years ago that my brother Randy and his family moved to Hamlin, Texas, to take the job of pastor of the Church of the Nazarene. I'm so proud of him!

Time doesn't sit and wait on any of us. It continues to move along with or without us. Even though time is a constant thing, our allotment of time is unknown to us. It would be nice to know how much time we have, I think. On the other hand, it might not be a good time to know. I want to live each moment of my life that if God were to call me in the next instant, I could say that I'd lived life to the fullest, enjoyed all that I could, and had done my best to seek, find, and do God's Will for my life. It's all about Him when the bottom line is drawn.

We hit the ground running when we got home from Indianaoplis. I'm wondering will I get to slow down and enjoy my summer?

The girls attended morning VBS at a friend's church this week. Rachel had Gymnastics on Tuesday and Anna attended a funeral Wednesday. I was in charge of a Used Book Sale on Thursday where we had 50 book sellers and lots of shoppers. Yesterday we went to VBS and then cleaned the church.

Today I stay home and do some much needed house cleaning. There is nothing like having company coming to motivate one to clean!

Have a wonderful Weekend

Beth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .