God is In Control and I'M NOT!

"God is in Control and I'M NOT!!!!
Those are the words of a mother whose daughter, away at camp, is being taken to the E.R. for an injury to her eye.
Last year Anna broke her finger while playing football at Teen Camp. I did not find out until I went to get pick her up at the end of the week. I warned her, at the beginning of this week, not to get hurt.
This afternoon the phone rang and it was Anna. These are her exact words, "Mom, this is the phone call that you did not want to get!" (grin) While playing dodge ball she was hit in the face by the ball, causing her eye to swell shut. She cannot see out of it. I talked to the nurse who assured me that it would be okay. When I hung up, I immediately called Carole and she urged us to get Anna to the E.R., to make sure that the retina was not detached.
I called Anna (thank the Lord that she took her Cell Phone) and told her that she needed to get the nurse to take her to E.R. If not, we'd come down and take her ourselves. I talked to the nurse again who said that they would take her. I've not heard any more from her. Eddie and I are ready to jump in the van but will wait until we hear from her. Anna does not want to leave camp, I'm sure. She's looked forward to it all year.
The feeling of helplessness is not one that I enjoy. I like to know that things are under control, MY CONTROL that is. Sometimes God allows these times of having no control to remind us of how reliant we are on Him and that He's in control, has been, and will always be. It's as "simple" as trusting in Him and resting in the knowledge that He will work it all out for the good of the Kingdom and His children.
So . . . we will leave for Church in a few minutes and await a phone call from Anna. More updates to come . . .
Beth
Comments