God is Good!!

Well, we were blessed by the hand of God in that Hurricane Dennis did not do much harm to Alabama. It looked like it was going to be a major one but once it got to the coast, it lost its steam! God is Good!!!

We're getting more rain today, Tuesday, than we did during the hurricane Sunday. It's to rain all week and I'm not sure where it's all going to go. I wish that I could share some with my parents in Louisiana who are in dire need of it.

I faced, this week, a real life situation that seemed a lot like Hurricane Dennis. I just knew that this storm would wipe me out and was starting to get a little scared. But like Dennis, the storm that hit, didn't carry the blow that I thought it would. I will surive and live to tell about it. It comes down to whether or not I'm trusting that God will take care of me. If I really believe that He will take care of me, I should not worry or fret. I should rest in the knowledge that He knows what's best for me and will work out His will as long as I allow Him. My lack of faith limits how God can use me. By worrying about life's situations and storms, I'm not putting all my faith and trust in God.

Lord, please help me trust in you . . . completely and in every situation.

Well, Anna started her second and last (I hope) phase of braces today. She figured she could drive a nice car for what we've having to pay for braces (our insurance pays zero). On the way to the orthodontist, this morning, I told her that we could back out and spend that money on a car, but she decided that having good, healthy teeth would be better in the long run than a car! Wise decision! Her mouth is very sore but I'm sure it will pass. The will put in bands by December to help straighten her bite. The only teeth in her mouth that meet at the molars in the back. That could cause major problems later if not corrected.

Rachel went to Gymnastics and enjoyed every minute of it. I wish that I'd started her years ago but we just couldn't afford it. She's almost too tall but I won't tell her that. She sure enjoys running and turning flips.

I'm blessed!!!

Beth

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Beth,
I just wanted to stop by for a visit. See ya on Sat.

Karen White

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .

"But . . ."