Keeping Focused . . .

I love this picture because it's the first step in the Walk of Faith. It's just the first step, though. The hard part comes with steps two, three, four, etc . . .

Peter, a disciple of Jesus, took that first step with no problem. It was the second step that did him in. He took his eyes off his source of strength and hope and started to sink.

It's so easy to get distracted by the waves and storms of life. They come in many forms: people problems, financial uncertainties, health issues, relationship issues, job troubles, and depression. They sometimes knock us off our feet. We feel the sinking feeling that Peter experienced that stormy day on the Sea of Galilee.

Like Peter we are human and sometimes take our eyes off of our Savior, the one who is able to keep us above the problems of life. Peter realized, as he was sinking, that he had NO control of the situation. The only thing he could do was call upon the Name of the Lord. It was at that moment that Jesus reached down, grabbed him by the arm and pulled him to safety. Peter lived to fish again.

I pray that I won't let the uncertain times of life distract me from what is important. Keeping my eyes on Jesus is what matters. He'll see me through the storms of life and one day, if I remain faithful to Him, I will spend eternity in a problem-free world. What a day that will be!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .