May He Rest in Peace

I didn't know this young man, but he has made a huge impact on my life. His name was Ben Stanford, the grandson of an Alabama State Senator. From what I've heard, he came from a family that was well established and who provided him with all that he would ever need.

The last time Ben was seen, he was driving a new Jeep Cherokee, heading to a prestigious private school in Anniston. The tragedy is that he never made it nor will he ever. His vehicle was located same day in Villa Rica, Georgia. The Jeep was parked in the emergency lane, the passenger's door open, and no sign of the keys or Ben.

An Amber alert was not issued because it did not fit their criteria. No one saw him being abducted or knew that he was abducted. The family immediately started placing posters with his photo and information on them. Everywhere you looked there was a photo of Ben on a store window or bulletin board.

A week passed from Ben's initial disappearance when a search group from Texas was called in to look for Ben. The day they started their search in Villa Rica, the body was found. An autopsy is being performed and the case is now classified as a homicide.

Here is how I've been changed by this event:

1. Cherish each moment you have with your loved ones. You do not know when your last hug, conversation, goodbye, etc will be.

2. Don't stop admonishing our children to be very careful. There are evil people in the world with evil desires and intents. Don't place yourself in a situation where you could be easy prey.

3. Keep up-to-date photos of your children and family members.

4. Have your children touch base often. I try to make sure Anna calls me when she gets to work and when she leaves. I know that she's there safe and know when to expect her home.

5. The most important thing that I've been reminded of is, Be ready to meet God!!! Walk as close to Him as you can. When it comes time to take our last breath, He will be there. When something happens to someone close to us, He will give us the strength to continue living.

Ben's mother was on the news last night, and I was glad to have a face to put with the prayers I've been praying. I can't imagine what she's gone through or the pain she's experienced. I pray for this family and hope that they will rely on the Lord for their strength. Help me pray for them.

The sad thing is that children and teens go missing every day, and many do not make the national news because of their economic status. This is not right and I pray that we will not measure the worth of life by the amount of money one has or by the color of their skin. Our children are ALL precious!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good blog Beth. You have a way of saying just what is on my mind. Thanks for posting your thoughts and insight.

Love ya
Marcel

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .

"But . . ."