We are busy but well . . .
Just an update on the Shurbutts of Alabama. I'm so far behind in my correspondence that it's pitiful. I need to start a list so that I can at least attempt to accomplish some of the letter and card writing that needs to be done.
We made a flying trip to Louisiana for Thanksgiving. Anna and Rachel participated in an Ironman Contest with CAP on Friday and Saturday before Thanksgiving. We thought that they'd be finished by 5 p.m. (the end time on their schedule). Not!! They didn't get home until 10 p.m. on Saturday. I knew that I wasn't up to driving to Louisiana and neither was Eddie or Anna so we slept for a few hours, eventually leaving at 3:30 Sunday morning.
We did something we'd never done before; We took the cats with us! They did better outside their kennels so that's how they traveled going. On the trip home, their anxiety level was elevated and the kennel became their traveling home!
We got up Thanksgiving morning and drove down to South Louisiana for the Larpenter Family Reunion. This was not planned, and everyone was surprised to see us. It was good to see family that I'd not seen in a couple years. (We didn't attend last year due to dad's health.)
We are now home trying to finish up school for this semester and get ready for the holidays. It's such an exciting time of the year and we love it!!
If I owe you a letter, please be patient and understand that I'm way too busy! I love you all!
We made a flying trip to Louisiana for Thanksgiving. Anna and Rachel participated in an Ironman Contest with CAP on Friday and Saturday before Thanksgiving. We thought that they'd be finished by 5 p.m. (the end time on their schedule). Not!! They didn't get home until 10 p.m. on Saturday. I knew that I wasn't up to driving to Louisiana and neither was Eddie or Anna so we slept for a few hours, eventually leaving at 3:30 Sunday morning.
We did something we'd never done before; We took the cats with us! They did better outside their kennels so that's how they traveled going. On the trip home, their anxiety level was elevated and the kennel became their traveling home!
We got up Thanksgiving morning and drove down to South Louisiana for the Larpenter Family Reunion. This was not planned, and everyone was surprised to see us. It was good to see family that I'd not seen in a couple years. (We didn't attend last year due to dad's health.)
We are now home trying to finish up school for this semester and get ready for the holidays. It's such an exciting time of the year and we love it!!
If I owe you a letter, please be patient and understand that I'm way too busy! I love you all!
Comments