"Up Early!"
Around 4:00 this morning, I was reminded of a little girl who loved to get up early, just when I was enjoying some quiet time! She’d come into the kitchen, hair tussled and wiping sleep from her eyes. She’d look up at me and say in a high, squeaky voice, “Up Early!” I’m not sure if she was referring to herself or to me.Now, 16 years later, I wonder where the years have gone. I blinked and she grew up. I’m proud of Anna and thank God for the almost seventeen years I’ve gotten to enjoy her and see her grow and change. My life is forever changed for the best because of her.
I think about a family in Overland Park, Kansas, who are grieving the loss of their beautiful teenager daughter who was senselessly taken away from them. I don’t even want to think about the pain and anguish that they’re experiencing. I’m afraid, if in their shoes, I’d want to lay down and die if that were to happen to one of my girls.
Life is so fragile and fleeting like smoke. I will grasp on to each moment and hide them in my heart and pray that God will keep His hand of protection on my girls. I will also pray for that hurting family in Kansas.
PS I guess you are wondering what I was doing up so early. Well, here’s a hint. A 4-legged furry critter named Sonny!!!
Comments