Getting to the Father . . .

Today, a man scaled a retaining wall at the Vatican in an attempt in getting to the Catholic’s Holy Father. He was immediately wrestled to the ground and hauled away only to be later deemed as mentally unstable.

In watching the television footage I got to thinking about access to my Father and how it contrasts with the endeavor of this young man trying to get to the Pope. The Pope, being a mere human, is always surrounded by body guards or incased in a bullet-proof glass “mobile” while in public. There is a hands off policy for his protection, as one would expect.

On the other hand, my Heavenly Father is always available to His children and to those who seek Him. He doesn’t have a hands-off policy or a “don’t call me . . . I’ll Call You” regulation. You don’t have to have an appointment or get security clearance to come into the presence of our Lord.

I’m so glad that I serve a Great Big God who knows me and loves me most!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .