Words of Encouragement . .
Sunday at church, a lady came up to me and told me that she prayed for me every time I came to her mind. Now I know that might not sound too earth shaking, but it really touched my heart.This lady and her husband were visiting our church from Michigan. The amazing thing is that I've only seen her a few times. She and her husband come to the area once every three or so years to visit friends they made while stationed in the Army here. They always come to church when they are in town. Her words really made an impact on me.I also practice the habit of praying for people when they come to mind. I don't know how many of them, though, that I tell. I’m ashamed to say that I probably don’t tell enough of them. When we pray for people, we need to let them know that we are praying for them. Prayers are heard by God and He works when we pray. The knowledge that someone is praying for you also means a lot.Knowing that someone is praying for me gives me the encouragement I need to make it through the difficult times of life that require a little more strength.Let someone know today that you care for them and are praying for them!
Beth
Comments