I caught Rachel raking leaves in sub-zero weather last week. Notice her attire! She's sporting a rabbit fur coat, shorts, and no (I REPEAT) NO SHOES!! That's my Rachel!!
Today, as I've worshiped and communed with the Lord from my house due to inclement weather, I've been reminded of how many people I know who are hurting. A cousin of mine, Iva Stewart, in Oklahoma went to be with Jesus yesterday after a brief battle with cancer. Her family is hurting today. My cousin Cleo is battling cancer right now. She and her family are hurting. A man who attended our church was buried yesterday after a battle with cancer. His family is hurting today. My cousin Kayla is by the bedside of her mother who is preparing to make that transition to heaven. Kayla and her family are hurting today. Our friend Howard lost a nephew this week to a car wreck. He and his family are hurting. My friend Lynn is by the side of her father who is gradually being swallowed by dementia. She and her family are hurting. A friend of mine has had her heart broken. She's hurting and has questions. Many of my friends have lost children. They are hurting. ...
I can't believe that it's almost been a week since I've posted on my Blog. It has been an extremely busy week and I have lived in the fast lane of life, it seems. The only problem is that I'm being passed by everyone! (grin) Eddie, my husband, has been suffering with his left shoulder for years. The pain has seem to intensified the last several months so he got an appointment with a Sports Medicine doctor in Birmingham. Within a month of seeing the doctor that had Eddie scheduled for surgery, which happened yesterday. The day before surgery, Eddie got to thinking about the surgery and the risks that go along with any surgery that requires one being put under. He thought that if Thursday could be his last day on earth, he didn't want to spend it at work but rather, he wanted to spend it with his family. He called me and said that he'd be home at 9 a.m. so I quickly canceled some piano lessons and we took out for the day, as a family. Our first stop was at Ryan...
Today, I had a light bulb moment, which is surprising. (The older I get the less frequent they become!) I realized that I'm becoming like my late grandmother, Mary Melvina Stewart Matthews, and it was the first time that had dawned on me. I know I'm a lot like my mom but had never really seen a lot of my grandmother in myself. It's not a bad thing, but I had to warn Eddie who is just coming to terms with my becoming like my mother! (grin) My grandmother, for those of you who knew her, was a saint! There was not a person she did not like, and she had a true servant's heart. She was one of the most unique people I've ever known and saw things in ways that most people didn't see them. What triggered my "moment" was the story about "Fred, my grandmother's electronic clock. "Fred" was an innovator of his time. He was a simple looking, 2.5" cube that could be programmed to audibly give the time and date on the hour...
Comments