A Close Call

Our dear, one and only, goldfish came close to meeting his maker this morning. The girls and I were having our devotions when Rachel (sitting near the aquarium) said she couldn't find the goldfish, Wagoner. In a 10-gallon aquarium there are not that many hiding places but we started looking.

We soon discovered that Wagoner had gone into the Hershey Castle. Hershey, our algae eater, very anti-sociable and light sensitive, lives (or I should say lived) in a multi-colored, ceramic castle. The only problem was Wagoner got stuck in Hershey's castle and could not get out.

I quickly started thinking about ways that I could get the fish out without hurting him. When we picked up the castle, Hershey quickly vacated but wasn't happy about his home being invaded. We emptied some of the aquarium water into a big bowl and put a towel in the bottom of it. Then we put the castle in the water, on the towel and I got a hammer and screwdriver. We were able to break apart the castle so that the fish could go free. (FREE WILLY)

This afternoon we had to go find a new habitat for Hershey. You've heard of habitat for humanity? Well, we have Habitat for Hershey. His new dwelling place is a cave and there is no bottom on it. If the fish should get in it and stuck, all we have to do is lift it up and everyone is happy!

It was very exciting around the aquarium this morning in the Shurbutt's living room! We were thanking the Lord for His help! We've not been too successful with Goldfish and Wagoner has lived for 6 months. That is a record.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good story! Happy ending!
Anonymous said…
Nice new look!

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .