Updates from the Shurbutts . . .

Whew, it's Sunday night and I'm getting ready to head for "B-E-D", as a dear, departed friend of mine would say. It has been one of those weekends I'm glad is behind me!

I organized a Yard Sale to raise money for our church youth group. If you know me at all, you know that it was a SACRAFICE on my part due to the fact that I HATE YARD SALES!! They are more work than they usually are worth, and people usually want you to give things to them. I was pleasantly surprised that we raised over $300.00 with this one. It's due to some wonderful people who were of such great help and support!!! I couldn't have done it without them. (By the way, this WILL be my last one!)

After having spent 5.5 hours at the church on Friday and 5 hours on Saturday, I had to turn around and head back to church on Saturday night for a concert. For those of you who know me, the concert was a SACRAFICE on my part due to the fact that I HATE CONCERTS! If I could sit or lay on the pew with my eyes closed, I would enjoy a concert. I hate having to give my attention to someone who is singing because I know they are expecting a certain reaction from the crowd. Sometimes I just too tired to react and I then feel guilty! I also have a hard time sitting in one place for more than 30 minutes. But . . . surprisingly enough, I determined that I would enjoy the concert by Paul Pitts, and I did. I didn't get home until around 9:30 p.m. and was completely exhausted.

Eddie woke up unable to move much this morning due to the pain from his arthritis. He work at the church yesterday pulling up baseboards and over did it. He's not been worth much today.

A good friend of our from church, Earl McCulley, was admitted to the hospital yesterday. I'm not sure if they've determined his problem but would you believe that this was his first time in a hospital at the age of 74 years?!?!? He hopes to go home tomorrow.

Dad sees the doctor tomorrow, and Mom sees hers on Wednesday. Cousin Jim is at home and is feeling a little better. Continue to pray for him.

Well, the bed is calling my name. I trust you all have had a wonderful weekend and are expecting great things to happen this coming week. Remember it's a unique week in that we'll never see it again once it's gone. Make it count!! -Beth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"But . . ."

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .