Entertaining Angels Unawares . . .

Today we had an interesting thing happen at church. I believe I made lunch for Jesus. I can hear your eyes rolling, so I'd better explain my previous statement.

Because of the distance most of our church members have to drive to get to church and the cost of fuel, we've started a new schedule of services on Sunday. Those who would like bring their lunches, and we have lunch together in the fellowship hall. At 1:30 p.m. we gather back in the sanctuary for our "evening" praise and worship service.

I'd just sat down to my wonderful turkey and tomato sandwich when in the door walked a young black man in a tank top and shorts. He looked around the room, and when asked if he was hungry, he said that he was. Pastor Bill asked if anyone had any extra "fixings", and I asked the young man if he liked turkey. I got out the bread, lettuce, mayonnaise, mustard, meat and chips. I asked him to make his own sandwich since I didn't know what he liked on it, and he did. I poured him something to drink and offered him two Little Debbie Cakes.

The young visitor had a tale of "woe" and said that he'd run out of gasoline up the street. The funny thing was he had not pockets in which to put keys or anything else. I'm not sure if we gave him any financial aid or not, but he left with a stomach full of turkey and Little Debbie cakes. We were very kind and tried to make him feel welcomed in our group. After he finished eating, he slipped out and left, not coming to the praise and worship service.

As I was thinking about the visitor, the Lord reminded me that when we do for the "least of these" we do for Him. See, I did make a sandwich for Jesus today! When was the last time you entertained the Savior?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Precious and God is Good!!

Light-bulb Moment . . .

"But . . ."