Empty Nest Syndrome . . .
It's Saturday, the day before Father's Day, and our little ones have flown the coop! Eddie and I have two wonderful daughters, ages 17 and 13. They left this weekend to attend Civil Air Patrol's Summer Encampment in Biloxi, Mississippi, and will be gone until next Saturday. I'm not a happy mom!Since homeschooling our daughters from day one, I've spent a great deal of time with them and have enjoyed it. I can't understand parents who can't wait for their children to go back to school. I love being around my girls.
I realize that as parents, it's our job to prepare them to stand on their own two feet and eventually leave the nest. It would be a disservice to tie them to my apron strings for my own benefit, but I do not look forward to the day when they will be gone.
Most of the time, I don't think about it, but having them both gone at the same time throws it in my face.
I guess we'll have to postpone our Father's Day celebration with Eddie until they get home next weekend.
Footnote . . . The hard thing for me is not being able to call them on their cell phones and check on them! Pray for me!
Comments