Shurbutt Updates . . .
Well . . . here is just a little update on our week.Rachel and I are slowly overcoming the symptoms of the flu. I've completed the Tamiflu medication, but it's left my brain in a fog. I'm sure some of you may have noticed all the mistakes in typing I've been making! I hope that it will pass. I'm trying to keep Rachel subdued as much as possible because of the lingering cough she has.
We all got our hair cut this week. I don't know if that has ever happened before. I hadn't had mine cut since June and was looking rather shaggy! I feel much better now.
God reminded us, again, of how fragile life is. Eddie was coming home Monday night from having his hair cut when a chemical truck pulled out in front of him. The Lord helped him guide the van into the middle lane of traffic in order to avoid collision, but not before it really jarred him. His arthritis is so bad that sudden stops and physical shake-ups do a number on him. Eddie went to the doctor Tuesday and got a good check up and seems to be feeling better now.
Anna will be heading to Montgomery, Saturday for C.A.P. leadership training. She also had her first week with a new boss at Chick-fil-a. There are a lot of changes that she's having to adjust to.
Mom and Dad seem to be on the mend. Dad had a bad case of bronchitis and really had it rough. They will go back to M.D. Anderson Hospital in Houston, in April. I hope that they will get some get news then.
God is so good, and we praise Him for his goodness and mercy to us!!! He's coming soon, and we want to be ready!!!
Comments